These days, it’s nearly impossible to scroll through your social media timeline without encountering a selfie. Thankfully, Quillin is here with some tips and tricks that will elevate your selfie to the next level.
Selfie videos are the younger, hipper version of the traditional selfie. And, it just so happens that selfie videos are a top way content creators are engaging their audiences online. If that’s your goal, you’re going to want to listen up!
A few of the traditional selfie rules apply (lighting rules all), but here are a few of our top tips to filming the perfect selfie video:
1. Choose a Quiet Space
- Outside noises can be extremely distracting. Find a quiet space free of any white noise – turn off any fans or machines that put off soft sounds, try to avoid street-level noises, echoes and humans speaking.
2. Set Up in Front of a Plain Background
- The focal point of the video should be you. Eliminate anything in the background that might distract the audience.
3. Natural Lighting is the Best Lighting
- If possible, natural sunlight is all that is needed to perfectly illuminate the subject of the video. Make sure the light falls on you and not the background. This will ensure you look sharp and your audience will be able to see you. Avoid yellow/warm lights.
4. Look at the Camera
- It seems easy enough, but many people like to look at the phone screen instead of the camera lens.
5. Record in Landscape/Horizontal Mode
- Unless you are strictly recording for an Instagram story, it is always best to record in Landscape mode so it can be resized for a multitude of uses.
As the old saying goes, practice always makes perfect, but these tips should help you get moving in the right direction. So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and get selfie video-ing!